Monday, May 12, 2008
All Good Things Must Come to an End!
We've been on the move lately hence my lack of blogging. Mostly going from meal to meal! Grandpa and Meema are leaving this morning and my heart is already becoming a little empty from the thought. Meema's been taking care of me every single night but one and that was only because she slept for 24 hours post wedding. Grandpa has had his fill of me too! In fact, he took me to the monkey forest where I caught a glimpse of 2 monkey's 'monkeying around', if you're pickin' up what I'm throwin' down! The wedding ceremony was truly lovely. Mommy and daddy were beaming with delight, happiness and love. There was chanting, incense burning, candles lit, tibetan bells ringing, personalized vows exchanged, the blowing of a ram's horn and a love circle where each guest offered a little something from their heart. My favorite was when we all chanted 9 om's at the beginning of the ceremony to channel the universal love energy...I couldn't contain myself and was squealing like a pig! Everything was perfect although mommy's hair and make-up was a little crazy for her taste. I suppose it's inevitable when there's a language barrier. I think there were about 20 guests who came for the ceremony - many of them were my favorite ladies from the spa who take care of me while my peeps are getting massages. Which, by the way, grandpa has now become accustomed to. Never did I think I'd see the day when grandpa was planning his day around getting to the spa! What a beautiful sight to see and experience. I think we're sending him home a little bit more relaxed than usual! Yesterday I had the pleasure of seeing Wayan, the healer from Eat, Pray, Love. I have been attacked by mesquitos and she rubbed me down with boiled leaves and then applied some potion which is actually accelerating the healing process. Mommy went to her session with her on Saturday and had a life altering experience which lasted about 5 hours. Words can not describe the experience - let's just say that it's worth a trip to Bali just to see her. While she was at Wayan's, she met this lovely yoga girl from the states who came over yesterday to give mommy a 2 hour thai massage. She's coming back tomorrow to give both mommy and daddy a treatment! It really never ends in this country! So much healing energy that you can't avoid it. It's all coming to an end though....reality is slowing seeping back in. We just changed our flight to leave on Friday so that we can get back to SF by Sunday. Hear that Grandma Lynn.....we'll be in LA a day early. Surprise! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment