Dear Grandpa Marty,
You'll be leaving on a plane tomorrow...that's if what everyone around here is telling me is truly correct! I can't wait to show you my crawl - I get around pretty well now.
I wanted to let you know that in the event you get sick while here, no need for medicine. They have this really good remedy here that happens to be an ancient Balinese secret and it works like a charm! Mommy walked to the store to fetch it yesterday and almost exploded in route. Not a smart plan but daddy was desperate! Make sure you have bug spray with you - these mesquitos are relentless. We have a first aid kit loaded with bandaids in case you get blisters from the miles of walking we're hoping to do. Mommy has figured out that the more walking we do, the more food she can shovel in her mouth. And don't worry, she won't take you to any of her favorite places that are vegetarian only! She'll sneak off after her yoga class to her favorite spot and get her very own apple pie that she won't have to share with anyone else. She craves it daily - it's just that good! Hopefully you'll remember a rain slicker - it's been raining as of late. And the most important item....your camera. We've annointed you chief photographer for our wedding and will count on you for all the snapshots. Hopefully you'll be up for the job. We know that meema will be all caught up in emotion and probably wouldn't be capable of the job so it all falls on your shoulders! Anyhooooooo....I can't wait to see your smiling, happy face. Please give a kiss to Grandma Lynn and tell her how sorry and sad I am that she can't join you. Also, tell her to kiss Great Grandma for me and that we're thinking of her and hoping that she's up on her feet in no time at all. I'll be anxiously awaiting your arrival!!! xoxoxoxo
P.S. - If I give you the cold shoulder upon your arrival, don't take offense. Sometimes I go into a state of shock and get shy. I actually did this to Meema and of course she was a little offended since she drove so far to get to me. After no time at all, I was a ball of love goo again.
2 comments:
One more sleep for me and I'm on my way
I've been getting calls to wish your mom & dad the best and to see if you're going to be the ring boy.
Grandma Lil was so very thrilled to start reading about your adventures - just got off the phone with Lester & Arlene who send the best to you & your parents says how much they are enjoying readibng of your adventures.
I'm not too concerned about your warm up [to me] period of time - - I've had a lot of experience with your cousin Phoebe. She was the master of not warming up.
See you soon - I'm begining to feel the way Meema did the day she left.
LOVE
I just received 2 e-mails from Grandpa Marty at the airport in Singapore. It sounds like he had a great flight - even w/ good food & tons of movies choices. We know he loved that. Apparently the airport is sooo CLEAN seems to have easy internet access. It was such a wonderful surprise to hear from him so soon. He left me a time conversion chart & it looks like he should be landing in Bali in about 2 hours from the time I write this.
I really wish I could be there but I will certainly be thinking about all the happy things that are happening. Thank you for the hugs & kisses you sent & I asked Grandpa to give you lots of hugs & kisses from me. My mom also thanks you for your hugs, kisses, & good wishes. She will probably be coming home from the hospital tomorrow of the next day.
I hope you can be the ring boy. You might even get in the Guiness Book of Records as the "first crawling ring boy". Please try to keep an eye on GP so he wears sunblock, a hat, & bug spray. Mosquitoes really love him! It's probably because he's so sweet.
Big hugs & kisses to you and everyone there.
GM lynn
Post a Comment