Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Revenge of Bali Belly!



Bali belly is brutal! It’ll knock you out while knocking 5 pounds from your waistline! Mommy is down and out this time – she’s like the walking dead. With only a few days left until their wedding, everyone around here is pulling for a speedy recovery. It may be time to bring in the grand pooba of Balinese healers for a miracle cure!
Grandpa is in flight as I write this. He’s expected to land in Bali in only a few short hours. Hopefully he won’t have the experience of being detained like Meema did. Daddy’s picking him up at the airport while I stay here with Meema in what is now referred to as romper room. I’ve been sleeping with her too and had the best sleep ever last night despite the Kimono Dragon that has taken up residence in the bathroom just outside our room. I tend to go easy on her when we’re together – I know whose world not to disrupt. I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck!
Mommy & Daddy took a quick spin through the Monkey Forest early yesterday morning to determine if it’s an activity I can partake in. It’s been deemed safe for me although a monkey did hop on mommy’s back while she wasn’t looking. Not the first monkey on her back! Surprisingly, she didn’t freak out – she just stood up and it just jumped right off.
Made, our caretaker for the house has been awarded hero of the week. We were lucky enough to be graced by yet another large and lovely spider in the kitchen. Instead of letting daddy hunt it, we asked Made to do something about it. In 3 seconds flat, he jumped on the counter and wrangled it with his own hands. And then set it free. We have yet to see it return and we’ll know that it’s him since he was missing a few legs.

1 comment:

auntie ro said...

Jake, Daddy is picking up GP Marty as we speak. I know how excited he is to see you. He told me so yesterday morning when I called him. I am so sorry to hear that mommy has the Bali Crud. Please tell her to get well fast. So you and Meema are sleeping together I know you love that. Give hugs to all. look forward to hearing about GP 's arrival, and your visit to the monkey jungle.
Love you all.
Auntie Ro