Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Sleeping Beauty
I've been home from our trip for all of 5 minutes and I find myself in the midst of being sleep trained. The ax has finally fallen on me. I've spent the past 2 months slumbering in the big bed while being craddled in the arms of mommy. Apparently, I've become very accustomed to this as evident by my inability to now silently lay in my crib. Tonight I wailed for a solid 2 hours straight and no one picked me up. How they were able to resist me is beyond all rational thought. I was sure they'd fall prey to me but no sir ree! Mommy is at her wits end and is determined to get me sleeping on my own and most importantly, all night long. Daddy was in charge of soothing me through my obnoxious and never ending outburst but after the 2 hour mark, he plugged his ears with some foam and called it quits. It's now 1am and I've only woken up twice which by all accounts, is a miracle. Meema's coming this weekend for a visit and she's not going to know what to do since she always rocks me to sleep while singing me an estimated 85 songs. I guess we'll sing songs before I'm placed in my cage to wither away for the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Jake,
When Jordan and Carter were both babies, they had to learn to sleep in their cribs on their own also...It was not fun for anyone! But, I just want to encourage you and your mommy and daddy, because after only a couple of nights of getting used to the new habit, it has been smooth sailing!
Welcome home angel boy! We hope you are all getting some good rest!
With love,
Aunt Tina
Post a Comment