Monday, March 17, 2008

Tally Ho!


Here Yee, Here Yee. I took the maiden voyage in my Radio Flyer red wagon this afternoon. Destination: the pond on the golf course to feed the ducks. I was as snug as a bug in a rug in it with pillows, blankets and a towel just as a safety precaution so there was absolutely no room for me to squiggle and squirm while cruising! We made a mad dash across the golf course once we determined there were no golfers looming in the distance.(so we thought) One snuck up on us but fortunately we weren't bonked on the head with a ball! Once we got to the pond, we were greatly disappointed only to find nothing but pond sludge - the ducks apparently had flown south for the day. We packed up our bread and headed for something a little less thrilling. Watching Ally chase a squirrel up a tree and a bunny back into its hole. We also spotted a goose the size of a small African village. I'm sure he could have devoured me in a single swoop. The most titilating moment of our expedition was when mommy thought she saw a snake in the distance. We slowly crept forward to determine if it was indeed a slithering beast. She told me that she could catch it with her bare hands and it would then become my very own first pet. If you ask me, much more interesting than a goldfish from the state fair! Once we got close enough to sort it all out, I immediately saw the disappointment on her face - it turns out that it was a striped bungee cord in the dirt. We sure were duped on that one! On our stroll home we stopped off and picked some pretty pink flowers for Meema as a token of our love and appreciation for her hospitality. I was in charge of getting them home but as soon as mommy turned around to command our wagon, I started hurling them overboard on the sidewalk. If it weren't for 2 nice fella's on bikes that came by to alert the captain of my shenanigan's, Meema would have never received her bouquet. Aside from a plethora of gnats that took up residence up my schnozzola while en route and then almost getting dumped in a ravine because my driver hasn't a clue about the turning radius of a wagon, it was a pretty good time for me!

4 comments:

Jeff Glick said...

Where's his sun hat? My boy is gonna get a burnt noggin.

Sounds like the adventures are fun. I wonder what we will get up to this weekend.

Keep writing...papa loves it!!!!

Bino Baby said...

i love it. the turning radius of a wagon - fantastic imagery. -love, cara, for luca.

Lynn said...

A snake for a first pet? I'd prefer the goldfish.

I love your adventures. Keep em coming.

If mama likes snakes, beware of what she might introduce you to in Bali.

Keep smiling.

Love & Hugs,
GM Lynn

auntie ro said...

What an adventure, you looked so comfy in your wagon. I use to take your 2nd cousins Lee, Eric, and Jehn,
to feed the ducks when we visited their grandma and grandpa in Florida when they were your age. Too bad about the snake Jake, although I am not sure how Meema would feel about a snake around the house, no matter how much she loves you.
Oh, on another note, tell mom I am in total agreement with mommy, especially after the latest fight on the ice. Uncle Ron can take you to watch a game, but no playing hockey for you.
Kisses and hugs to mommy
Love and miss you,
xxxxooooo
Auntie Ro