Thursday, March 13, 2008

How I Love My Meema!




How lucky I am! I'm nominating Meema to be the official advocate for the global rights of the underprivilaged & deprived tots of the world. Mommy is constantly babbling about some far off African Village and how those kids don't have all of these fancy, elaborate toys. She says that if they can get by without them then there's absolutely no reason why I can't. Enter my savior. Meema came home tonight toting a brand new jumperoo for me. It's not a shabby one either - it's the Rolls Royce of jumperoo's! It has all sorts of bells and whistles. It spins, it jumps, it plays music - I can now be referred to as Mr. Fancy Pants! Meema says that I need to stretch my legs more since I've been on my back for the past 6 months. Hallalooyaaa to her for thinking about my comfort! Last night she came home with a new rocking chair because she can't bare to feed me without the soothing rocking effect. (Mommy just says I'm lucky to even get food, let alone a smooth ride in a rocker.....most Africans don't have it as good as I do...so she says!) However, I have yet to get a glimpse of the rocker as it wouldn't fit in the car so she made the man at the store remove it piece by piece from the box. Now all 300 pieces of it are still sitting in her trunk. She says she's going to sell it on Brad's List once I leave in April. I know I'm just a little guy with a whole lot of learning ahead of me but I had to pipe in and let her know that it's really Craig's List. Our next project is to build an additional wing here at our humble abode - the recent acquisitions have made it a smidge cramped.







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your kind words, Love Bug. Everyone needs a space of their own, and now you have yours in the Rain Forest. I fully expect to have the rocking chair up and running before bedtime tonight. You'll be ready for it after your day at the tennis games.

See you soon, Meema

auntie ro said...

Oh Jake, how lucky you are to have Meema. Lucky for mommy too, because as much as she says that the children
in Africa are doing without, she is loving every minute of the smiles on your face and on Meema's. Tell mommy I said to take advantage of all this, because when you come back from grandma's and your trip you will be spoiled. Hurrah for grandmas. Love you all, Auntie Ro

GP Marty said...

OKAY, I'm now finally hooked. your mom is one great storyteller. I found myself checking every day to see what new adventure momma and meema have in store for Jake Bobbe today and what new surprise "JB" has in store for his family. Can hardly wait to see you all - 2 more weeks, I think.