I must confess that life isn't so bad for a little guy like me. After a 9 hour fun-filled adventure across the state of California today, I've finally arrived to Mecca. Truthfully, it's Meema's (grandma) house here in Palm Springs. You'd be surprised at how I managed to keep my wits about me for the long and somewhat crazy drive! Mommy has a lead foot while Meema drives like a grandma.......so slow! I finally lost my marbles an hour outside of Palm Springs and mommy just turned up NPR in an attempt to tune me out but I just kept on squealing all the way home! I'll be spending the next 5 weeks here lounging by the pool, hiking with my dog Ally, sitting out on the patio which overlooks the mountains and golf course, reading a few books that I recently picked up from my book club and just doing some plain 'ol relaxing! I'd be lying if I failed to mention that I brought along my Baby Einstein collection! Sometimes a guy just needs to shut the world off and watch some educational material.
The worst and most painful part of this vacation is that I only get to see daddy on the weekends. Heart breaker if I do say so myself! He's busy keeping the IRS off his clients back's as well as keeping them out of jail. When he's finished in April with all of the maddness, we all get to hop on a plane and take off for a month in Bali. How lucky am I? Fortunately I have 2 months of swimming lessons under my belt so I'll most likely hang around the pool to keep cool. I'll be the pastey white kid under the umbrella...have you seen my complexion?
Anyhooooo....stay tuned for some desert adventures. I'm certain mom is going to take me snake hunting.
1 comment:
Stacey & Jake,
You never cease to amaze me! Almost every day brings adorable and creative photos & entertaining updates on the many new experiences that you introduce to Jake. Where do you get the time and energy?! Jake, you are one lucky boy to have such a great mom! You, also, have a wonderful Dad, but he is now so busy w/ work that he can't be with you as much as either of you would like.
But the good news is, in about 6 weeks, you will all be together & go on a very exciting vacation for a whole month.
Post a Comment