Friday, March 28, 2008
Happy Days Are Here Again!
Whoa Whoa Weeee Whah! No more sleeps! Daddy's coming to town tonight. This is obviously the highlight of my week but there's even more to my uncontainable excitement. The Glicksters are coming to town. Get down Bobby Brown! Not only will I get to wrap my juicy arms around grandpa and grandma but also my aunt, uncle and cousins as well. It's a bonafied fiesta. It's grandpa's birthday so we're all feeling incredibly celebratory here in the springs. I've been shopping all week trying to locate that perfect gift for him. Daddy gave me an idea and of course I've waited until the last minute to actually secure his gift. Hopefully someone in my camp will pull it all together for me before tomorrow comes. I spent a good portion of the day in the kitchen with mommy baking grandpa a cake. Boy what a disaster it was! I was being a little curmudgeon so as mommy was trying to entertain me with her less than operatic voice while simultaneously trying to whip up a cake, she knocked over the flour and wooshshhshshshs.....white powder everywhere. i think I even heard some expletives fly out of her mouth. I just hope that grandpa likes the cake - it's one that Grandma Bobbe used to make and is a favorite of daddy's. We sure could have used some tips from Grandma B today....things weren't really working out for us. I'm just hoping that I can refrain from taking a pee wee size bite out of the cake before tomorrow. If I did, I'm sure I could charm my way into forgiveness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One more sleep till we see you. My guess is that the B'day cake is orange chocolate chip or possibly checkerboard if your mom or dad brought the special pan to the Springs. Either one is DElicious!
Luv,
Lynn
Oh Jake - I'm sure you will be able charm me into forgiveness, especially if it's from my very special cake made by such very special people. Sounds like you and mommy had quite an adventure not only preparing the cake but running around town for all of the preparation for the arrival of the "Glicksters".
It's always so exciting when Daddy's coming to town. Daddy's also learning about how much he misses the family being away so much. I used to be away a lot too when Daddy was your age [and for many years while he was growing up]and I also missed the family so very much.
Your Mommy is also quite a woman. She spends so much time with you teaching you about life and so many of its experiences and Adventures. You won't realize how truly wonderful your parents are for many, many years - but one day you'll really great to appreciate them. You can see how much they love you by the pictures - those truly great, fun loving pictures - - and your smile. It's to die for - Grandma & I just melt away seeing your happy face. I hope you keep it - those smiles.
Mommy - thank you ever so much for sharing "The Adventures Of Jake" with us. One day Jake will really appreciate and enjoy it.
Jake - the AVENTURES are only just beginning - and your folks have more fabulous adventures planned for you.
Tomorrow we're coming to see you - can hardly wait - from your pictures you're growing so fast.
Love you all
Grandpa Marty
Post a Comment