I’m lounging here on my balcony listening to the thunder roar past me while the rain drops shower the land. The pink lotus pedals below are drinking up the drops just as fast as they can. It hasn’t rained during the day since we’ve been here – it’s quite a lovely sight. There’s an unusual silence around here too – all of the animals have taken cover and fled the scene. Last night we rescued a frog trapped in the house….set him free in the pond outside. And then we caught sight of Arnold Schwartz-spider whose legs where as long as can be and fast as lightening! We think we chased him out of the house but it's possible he was just playing peek-a-boo with me and hiding somewhere in the shower. I guess this is a typical day in a tropical paradise.
All of the wedding plans were solidified yesterday and in record time - less than a few hours! Daywa, a very groovy Balinese man, will be officiating the ceremony on the evening of May 9th. He’s a Hindu spiritual healer that supposedly does a very profound/spiritual ceremony. I don’t want to give the details away….stay tuned post wedding for those. We’ve been scouring the land to find daddy a ring which surprisingly hasn’t been an easy task. For such a large man, he has short fingers which makes ring shopping a little challenging. Now mommy is on the hunt for something to wear. I’m pretty sure she’s going to go shoeless – she likes to be earthy sometimes. Thankfully she found someone to do her hair since she neglected to bring a hairdryer with her on the trip. It would have been a disaster if she had to beautify herself without help.
Two more sleeps and Meema arrives! I sure hope she has a special little surprise in her suitcase like she always has for me. I could definitely use some new reading material. Click Clack Moo is getting a bit old around here.
All of the wedding plans were solidified yesterday and in record time - less than a few hours! Daywa, a very groovy Balinese man, will be officiating the ceremony on the evening of May 9th. He’s a Hindu spiritual healer that supposedly does a very profound/spiritual ceremony. I don’t want to give the details away….stay tuned post wedding for those. We’ve been scouring the land to find daddy a ring which surprisingly hasn’t been an easy task. For such a large man, he has short fingers which makes ring shopping a little challenging. Now mommy is on the hunt for something to wear. I’m pretty sure she’s going to go shoeless – she likes to be earthy sometimes. Thankfully she found someone to do her hair since she neglected to bring a hairdryer with her on the trip. It would have been a disaster if she had to beautify herself without help.
Two more sleeps and Meema arrives! I sure hope she has a special little surprise in her suitcase like she always has for me. I could definitely use some new reading material. Click Clack Moo is getting a bit old around here.
2 comments:
I'm packing as we speak, and yes, there is a little something for you in the zipper part of my suitcase. No more sleeps. I'm on my way! Aku cinta sama kamu, Meema
Hi lil man,
I've been waiting to hear of your excapades, don't think I spelled that correctly. So were you frightened w/the big rain storm? There is nothing that equals a tropical storm and hope you aren't too scared. All the animals hide and look for cover so you know a big one is coming. Don't mind the spider, he needs to find cover too.
Now you can write your own jungle book. I'm thinking tonight of your g.ma Meema flying many hours to visit you, how fun to see her tomorrow. Don't forget to tell me all about it. Waiting in Sedona. Love and hugs to all, Aunt Gen
Post a Comment