Friday, April 4, 2008

Food for Thought




Today was a monumental day for me in the eating arena. Now that I'm approaching the 7 month mark, there's a whole world of new foods for me to indulge in. Peas, carrots, asparagus, white potatoes, peaches, green beans, tofu, cottage cheese, egg yolks and summer squash. I opted to start with carrots since both of my parents could possibly have the worst vision in the universe, making it imperative that i get all the good jou-jou nutrition from carrots that i can so that i too, am not blind as a bat. The monumental aspect of my breakfast was that for the first time I successfully fed myself all on my very own. Aside from also feeding both of my nostrils, it was a straight shot right into my trap. I illustrated a clear preference for being right handed (mommy is a lefty) although my left hand wasn't too far behind to rub any remaining food remnants that didn't make it in my mouth, all over my face. I have to confess that I'm a fan of the carrot - devoured every last drop of them! For the next 4 days straight, it's nothing but carrots to make sure I don't have an allergic reaction to them and then it's on to peas. I know this probably isn't very exciting to y'all but one can only eat yams, mangos, pears and a few other foods for so long before you find yourself wanting to gag your brains out!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, little man! Looks like you got as much on your face as you did in your tummy. Here's the upside of carrots - they make a great cake. When you get a little older, we'll make one together. Can't wait to see you use your spoon tonight! Tootles, Meema

Lynn said...

Judging from your fantastic smiles I'm guessing that not only did you enjoy eating the carrots, but equally enjoyable, was mushing those carrots all over your face.
You look so adorablle and happy Mr. Carrot face.

Love & Hugs,
GM Lynn