Tuesday, April 22, 2008

He finally made a proper woman out of me!

Get a load of this...
After sleeping most of the day, we all decided to go for dinner at Bumba Bali - a highly regarded establishment outside of the 'gates'. Such a charming place...candlelit without a roof so you could see the moon rising above. Even though I had already slept at least 7 hours prior to us leaving, I was completely tuckered out! Regardless of this fact, I was quarantined to a highchair as mommy tried to stuff me with pears. While she's attending to me, daddy starts making a toast - not odd behavior by any means. Being the multi-tasker that mommy is, she's listening while simultaneously feeding me. Out of no where, and I mean no where, there's daddy.......saying the sweetest things until finally he's almost done and ends it with a real doo hickey! Right there, in front of the Balinese Gods, he asks mommy to marry him! This isn't out of the norm since they're always asking each other this silly question. Mommy says of course as she always does. However, this time, there's a ring involved. And it isn't something that came from the cracker jack box either! Viola....just like that....bada boom! She's sporting a ring and frankly, it's absolutely perfect on her finger. It's dainty and sparkly and boy is she lucky to finally pin down daddy! :) Back at the farm, daddy's now walking around our dark hotel room with a headlamp on his head as his reading light. He just reminded mommy that she just committed her entire life to spending it with him and his sometimes 'dorky' ways. Love is in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

auntie ro said...

You should already know the reaction. Hurrah, I am so happy and yes jake tell daddy the tears of joy are rolling down my face. But of course you knew that would happen. Give mommy and daddy a big hug and kiss.
Love you all.
Auntie Ro

Anonymous said...

Not fair...making me tear up at work.

What WONDERFUL news in an absolutely adorable blog. Jake, you are very special indeed with very special parents.

P.S. We would like to see a picture of mommy's ring please.

P.S.S. If comments are reserved for family only and not once-removed secretaries, please disregard this comment...

Unknown said...

You may not be able to speak yet, but you sure write a great blog! I almost feel like was with you at dinner last night. I could not be more excited about your Daddy's proposal. Think you could manage to snap a picture of your Mommy's ring? Flash that smile of yours at Mommy and Daddy and I'm sure they'll help you. Love to all, Meema

ginny said...

Congrats! Congrats!!!!
Enjoy your vacation.

GP Marty said...

Jake Bobbe – what a dad you have [even if I have to say it myself] – planning may run in the family but being ever so romantic - - he sure doesn’t get that from your grandpa. I sure hope you’re able to pick out and learn the best characteristics from each of your parents and even improve upon them - - they both have very special and unique talents & abilities. Are you joining in on the wedding planning? Jake - let me know what the wedding date is - we'd like to see if we can join you inwatching your parents get married.

Lynn said...

Wow! I' so excited & happy to hear the wonderful news! Your vacation to Bali gets better every day! You were a perfect angel on the plane & now Mom & Dad are getting married. It's so special that you are all together to share the joy!

Thank you for your super-entertaining blogs. They enable all of us to share these many new adventures with you. You have a real talent for writing!

There is one thing that you might think about. It would be terrfic if you could convert that cute scoot to walking. Then you could take a really active role in your parents' wedding.

Lots of love & hugs to you & your parents,
GM Lynn

I hope you get this message. It's the 3rd time I've tried to send it.

Bino Baby said...

Well, well, well. It seems you've finally outdone yourself! Tropical paradise, perfect baby, romantic proposal! It's like a movie. And I want to be an 'extra'. Bravo!

-Cara & Luca

P.S. Since its inception, your blog has put my blog to shame! Strong work!

Steve said...

Jake, Congratulations! So you're parents are getting hitched, sounds like those darn bells are going to start ringing all too soon. But, some celebrations will be in order for you.

So Jake, don't forget to take some time off from your parents. With all this marriage stuff going on, you'll need a break someday (By the way they do have Mickey Dee's in Bali!). So when your Grand Pa or Grand ma gets there, send your parents away to the Bali Jazz Club in Umbud to do all that kissing stuff! There they will eat food with loads of fats and carbo's that’s bad for you, they’ll drink Bintang the stuff they call beer over there and they will listen to some “live” oldies and smooth Jazz that's a little too loud for your ears. (On Friday’s and Saturday nights the place standing room only. http://www.jazzcafebali.com)

By the way Jake, you know that Beer I was telling you about, well it looks yellow and sometimes fizzes and it looks the same as the stuff you put in your diaper! Yuk!

So Jake, why do parents sometimes want to go out and drink beer when they can get it all at home, I don’t know! You’ll have to figure these things out when you get a little older.

So, Bali High

Selamat Jalan and all that stuff...

Wayan, Putu, Gede
of the Clan Mac Leod

Barry said...

I haven't even met you yet, grand-nephew, but I LIKE YOU already! Only an angel like yourself could get your daddy to do what he did. Have a great time at the wedding. GP Marty said he will take plenty of pictures and I will see them probably at the same time I meet you. I can't wait.
Love,
Great Uncle Barry