Thursday, April 24, 2008
From a Scoot to a Crawl
We made it to Ubud today where I was greeted by about 20 ducks in my backyard. My yard is actually a big rice paddy. Our bungalow is tucked away in the trees and rice fields and has a pool which is necessary here - it's awfully humid and I'm constantly schvitzing! We could only get here by foot - the character who rented the place to us neglected to include those details! Not so good considering that we're traveling anything but light. Our driver dropped us at the bottom of about 50 stairs - fortunately the guy at a hotel down the street knew our houseboy who we couldn't reach by phone. Luckily for us, someone knew somebody else's grandpa who lives down the way from our place and was able to find the guy who had the key to our house. Then we found Ma-de, our houseboy. He's as big as a minute and yet so strong. Took our 50 pound bags up the stairs like superman! Our place is charming. but the floors are all marble which aren't good on my knees. Why you ask????? That would be because I took my maiden voyage crawl about 45 minutes ago. I did it with such authority and confidence - like I'd be crawling all my life. Mommy said she's going to take a stroll down the way where the banana trees are and make knee pads from the leaves. When in Bali, do as the Balinese!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't believe you are crawling! I've got to see this for myself. I'll be there at 1:00 p.m. this Saturday! Love you, Meema
Oops.... I mean next Saturday. Meema
Did I miss something here Jake, is Meema really coming to stay for awhile in Bali with you. How lucky for you if she is. But then again I wouldn't expect anything less from your Meema knowing how much she is missing you. Have a great trip Shirley. Oh Jake tell mommy and daddy to be ready, you should be walking just about the time you get home from Bali.
Love. Auntie Ro
Post a Comment