Monday, April 14, 2008

Week in Review...

I tried peas for the first time - didn't think much of them. In fact, I couldn't really stomach the taste of them. Why would I knowingly torture myself with them, I ask? I went back to my standard fare - yams & quinoa that are fully loaded with flax seed. Everyone seems to have the notion in their heads that I don't notice the mega teaspoons of it that go into my every meal. They're just hoping all of the DHA makes a genius out of me. What they keep forgetting is that I have the Glick gene embedded in me thus automatically making me a lifetime member of Mensa.
Allybaba is gone - she went to Vegas yesterday to spend the next 6 weeks with her brother Cody. She cried like a baby when dropped off but has probably already adjusted since she'll spend her days in the pool and sunning on the deck. I'm not sure what I'll do without my built-in security guard. Mommy and I must now carry a very big stick around since we don't have Cujo to protect us from the big, bad scary people.
I'm scootin' up a storm now. I go to and fro with no problems whatsoever. I can now even get myself up in a sitting position from my scoot. Multi-talent in action! I can also stand up pretty well while holding on to the coffee table. It's just a matter of time before I'll be walkin' out the door on my own. I'm talking a lot too. No decipherable words yet but lots of crazy, high pitched noises emerge from my mouth. I'm starting to sleep more these days but just hold that applause - we're off on a plane come Thursday night and it all goes out the window then. 22 hours on a plane - they have no idea what's in store for them. Mama Mia!

No comments: