Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Food for Thought
My peeps are crackin' the whip yet again! They're implementing a new eating strategy, effective immediately. Ahhhhh, what this means for me, you ask? I have to have my bottom in my high chair while we all eat together and I'm offered a few items rather than the usual 16 course buffet that I've gotten rather used to. They're putting a stop to my free range eating whenever I want. More rules and regulations at the compound. Frankly, all this structure drives mommy crazy. I poop at 7am, rise out of my crib at 7:20am, have milk at 7:40am, breakfast at 8:30am, nap has now moved to 11am and so on and so forth. That means she's a slave to my schedule and she's going looney from it! So to add one more layer of structure isn't her favorite idea but she realizes that if she's going to have a good/polite eater on her hands then the buck stops here. We had breakfast together this morning and I basically shoved my food into my britches. I've been informed that it's my choice as to what I do with it. I just have to understand that once I'm outta my chair, it's over for me. And if I get hungry between feedings, well then, I have to pick through the trash for a treat. Just kidding! Apparently the new implementation has worked miracles on my sleep patterns - I've been snoozing for almost 2.5 hours. And guess what that means for me? No afternoon nap and therefore no rest for mama in the pm. We're off to Totland in Berkeley once I awake and then a stop for mommy - the farmer's market. She's making more of an effort to do something for herself these days. In fact, after having scuzzy toe nails for well over a month, she actually painted them yesterday. Even I got tired of looking at her feet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment