Monday, July 21, 2008

My love affair with Scarlett continues to deepen as the days pass. I was invited to a brunch at Jonah's house on Saturday and guess who showed up???? Indeedie doo! Ms. Scarlett. We had a party playing with Jonah's toys which were quite lovely. Scarlett came over last night for our Sunday evening pasta dinner extravaganza! Her daddy is experiencing crunch time at work so he works 6 days a week right now - mommy feels so sorry for them since they've been orphaned!!!! Tomorrow we're going down to Saratoga to Jonah's grandma's house for a swim party. We have some really fantastic news on the home front. Hold on to your seat for this one!!!! Come September 1st, we'll be living in Rockridge, across the bay where all the hippy dippy folk reside. Yippeeeee! I'm plotzing over the news! We finally landed ourselves a dream house - daddy is so darn good to us that I think I'll make it my job to fetch the morning paper from the driveway on a daily basis. And get this....there's even a bedroom for my sister whenever she decides to come along. Mommy's really excited about a few things....there are 3 farmers markets a week in Berkeley, the yoga studio she used to go to when she lived over there is about a 10 minute walk from home, there's a gynormous lemon tree in the backyard for her lemon drop fetish and she she says we're going to live off of the land and plant a veggie garden in the back. We're all crossing our fingers that nothing gets in the way and halts the purchase.

1 comment:

auntie ro said...

Yeepee for the new house Jake. I guess I am going to have to visit you
at the new house. Oh I am glad that you and Scarlett are such good friends. Her pulling your hair is a ploy to keep you chasing her. Don't forget to treat her like the little lady she is. Were you trying to tell us something jake or we not talking about baby sisters in the next 9 months. Boy would you have a lot of your peeps jumping up and down.
Remind mommy and daddy that they need to be saying meema to you often, that is to be your next word. I was hoping we would have that down before we left Hawaii, sorry Shirley, I tried. Love you all.

Auntie Ro