
Daddy has the best clients ever! We got to take a trip up to wine country for the weekend and stay in the quaint and cozy guest house of Bill and Susan in St. Helena. It was on a spacious 8 acres that looked out to the mountains with a creek running through it. They just so happen to be the world's best hosts on the entire planet which I of course appreciated. There were fresh cut roses in our room along with a basket full of wine, champaign, cherries, apples, cheese, crackers, chocolate, coffee and many other accountrements that I sunk my teeth into. And then the hand made soaps for us to bathe with - for a brief moment, I thought I was staying at the Four Seasons. They even delivered the newspaper daily to our door step and better yet, The New York Times Sunday paper - how great are they! It just never ended. To welcome us to their gorgeous home, they had us over for a welcome bottle of champaign or should I say, an entire magnum of Mumms. I passed on the bubbly and just snacked on the apples, nuts and cheese while running around like my usual crazy self! They kindly took us to Duckhorn on Saturday for a lovely tasting of their wines and I frollicked in the vineyards while everyone else was getting liquored up! There's really no stopping me for it's impossible for me to sit still for more than 3 seconds. Once I fell into a nice evening slumber, my peeps snuck over to the main house for dinner and you guessed it, more wine! How mommy wished that she could have indulged considering the delightful choices of vino being offered. She just internally giggled while the others slurred their speech! Yesterday was a blur - I woke up with the roosters and subsequently threw everyone else for a loop! Wasn't a pleasure for daddy and his hangover. Regardless of the fact he wasn't feeling well, he still went out on a long walk to fetch us fresh pastries from the bakery. We were all really sad to vacate the premises - we most definitely received the royal, white glove treatment beyond belief. Daddy must be doing something right with his clients cause they really do fancy him so. Unfortunately for us, they've rented the guest house out for the next 12 months so we're going to have to find other clients to hit up cause I could get used to that lifestyle!


No comments:
Post a Comment