Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I got to shake my money maker while doing the macarena with all the hippy dippy people in Berkeley this morning! I went to a gynormous indoor play space where they have story hour, music time and parachute games. Unfortunately, my mojo couldn't carry me through to parachute time - we had to vacate early as I couldn't keep my peepers open for too much longer. I was so overstimulated from all the activities and kids running around that my head started to spin! I got to crawl through a long tube that I thought was so cool. Mommy stuck her head in it at the opposite end and I got the biggest laugh out of it. I then bonked my head on a ladder before going down the slide - i have a welt to show for that one! I learned how to sing the itsy bitsy spider and la cucaracha in spanish. And I found total fascination with a funky disco ball they had there. I think my only screw up of the day was my wardrobe selection. I made the mistake of wearing something from the Gap which as we all know....isn't organic, sustainable, locally made, free trade, made from bambo fiber and is most likely made using child labor. Oops! Those Berkeley ladies go to great lengths to dress their children in socially conscious attire. Next time we'll try harder as to not offend and be shooed out of the play pen! I'm really thankful that I didn't wear my camouflauge pants - that would have caused quite a stir.

No comments: