Sunday, June 15, 2008

Homage to my big, bad Daddy!!!


I love my daddy so much because he makes up funny songs and then belts them out like he's Pavarotti, he reads Dr. Suess to me which I do love, makes hilarious & silly faces, cuddles and loves on me, spins me round and round in my high chair, teaches me how to bang on my toys, tickles me in my secret tickle spot, is a great guy to watch sports on the tube with, takes me to the park to swing and he and I have a special language we speak to each other in that only the two of us can decipher. He's very special to me and today is his day! To honor him, I let him sleep in - how great is that? And then I took him to his very favorite greasy spoon restaurant in the Haight that he thinks is quite fabulous, The Pork Store. He carried me the entire way in the new carrying contraption I got him - I think it brings the count up to 7 for all of the various devices we have. This one is the grand pooba of all and will comfortably transport me on our hikes through the wilderness. And now, he's taking a restie because that's all he really wanted to do on 'his' day. Well, there's also the basketball game that he cannot miss this evening but other than that, he just wanted to recharge his jets. I think I must stick it to him from time to time!

1 comment:

Jeff Glick said...

I just love hearing about your adventures Jake. Even though I am here experiencing them with you, I read your blog and it is full of such viabrant color and enthusiam. (as well as correct spelling). I love you and Mommy soo much. Thank you both for a super duper wonderful Father's day. PS. I thought of a new song while taking my nap.