Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fussy Pants!

I've been a bit of a curmudgeon lately which I can only attribute to a phantom tooth coming in. It's been months on end that we've been anticipating this epic event and yet still, nothing! I'm becoming a fussy little fart and someone is losing her patience with me. I whine like a cranky little stinker and I can assure you that it's not an isolated event either. If it's not one thing, it's another. Give me credit where credit is due....at least I sleep through the entire night now. I notice that my bedtime keeps creeping back as the days go by. Deductive reasoning leads me to believe that no one finds pleasure in retrieving me when I rise and fluff my feathers at 5:15am. It was 5:45am when I was rescued this morning. They are trying all sorts of tricks around here. And because of their recent shenanigans, I'm now able to pacify my very own self while hanging out in my crib. Don't get me wrong, there's defintely an expiration to my pacification but I at least let them buy a little time. Hopefully I'll either change my tune and stop with the bad attitude or that finally, a tooth will emerge and all will be forgotten!

1 comment:

auntie ro said...

hey Jake,
tel mommy that a frozen silver spoon to rub on your gums may help that phantom tooth come in. Remind her and daddy what it feels like to have a toothache, and then multiply that by about 150%. They may then understand what you are feeling. I give you all my sympathy and you can be a cranky little stinker for a little while longer. And yeah, you are sleeping through the night. Playing in the crib in the morning can be fun, your second cousins Lee and Eric use to play with their soft cover books and stuffed animals for hours. They even played with the noisy thing hooked on the side of the crib it loked like goofey, and mickey, miny and a whole bunch of other disney characters. Come to think of it, it was either your dad's crib toy or your Great "Uncle Barry's" kids crob toys. Pay hardy and let mommy and daddy sleep in until at least 6:15am.
Love you all,
Great Auntie Ro