Tuesday, July 26, 2011

How many people and cars does it take to get us to the beach in Antibes? That would be two cars. 4 women to pack lunch, towels, bathing suits, sun block, umbrella and a plethora of other things. Then one co-pilot to navigate us down the mountain terrain. One eye to be the lookout for the boulangerie. One set of hands to mind the small children. Then one set of lungs to scream out that we've made the wrong turn and to turn the car around immediately. By the time we plopped ourselves on the sand, not rocks, it was 3pm. And the clouds were rolling in. Not too long after, I dug a hole in the sand and pooped. After we called it a day at the beach, we meandered down the charming streets of the old town where mama secured the most fabulous piece of pottery for Mel. Ice cream was had by all. And there was about a 30 minute wait for all of us to get a crepe. I was tricked into eating it by being told it was the French version of a quesadilla. Half way into it I decided it was not truly the authentic Mexican version that I'm used to and spit It out! Now as Sophie and I sleep so soundly, the ladies are gathered around the table over a bottle of wine while peeling fava beans in anticipation of tomorrow's dinner. Meema has made an executive decision - every other day she will stay home with us while the adults have a whine free day of adventuring through the countryside. Boo for us. Yay


for them. The only request is that they come home with bon bons.

No comments: