Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy birthday to mama!

I once overheard someone in the grocery store say that 40 is the new 30 but mama said she calculates her age like the way you would figure out a dogs age. I'm not a math wizard just yet but I believe that would make her something like 280 years old. If that's the case, I'm going to start calling her mathuzala. Yesterday was kids day at home with Meema so I didn't have the privilege of spending the day with mama but I heard through the grapevine that they went to a village called Grasse. It happens to supply the world with 80% of its fragrance. Yes, that would make it the perfume capital of the universe. Mommy has been wanting to get herself some French perfume for awhile now so of course daddy bought her not one, but two bottles. He even bought Meema a bottle. They spent the day enjoying themselves while we spent the day torturing Meema. We hope she doesn't poop out on us soon. We then spent the evening dining out on the veranda eating delicious things that Adri whipped up. Meema brought all sorts of things from the party store and decorated the table for the party.The grand finale was Meema's present. A little background information first thought. Meema has a ring and it's a very sparkly one that mama has always loved. In fact, every time we are in palm springs, she finds it and tried it on. And then continues to tell Meema that if she ever wants to part with it, it could take up residence on mamas finger. Well, the time has come, can you believe???mama practically fell out of her chair when she realized that the ring has found a new home. It's a sapphire surrounded by diamonds and it'll knock your socks off. The adults finished off the party with an ice cream cake....daddy put us to bed since it was so late we were on the cusp of turning in to a pumpkin.













No comments: