There is a gate at the front of the chateau that leads to the house. And on that gate is a charming cow bell. In that cow bell is a family of wasps, very angry wasps that is. Jack likes to ring the bell when I'm in house....little does he know that he plants all sorts of ideas in my brain. Yesterday as we were vacating the premises on our way Eze, I decided to get as close as humanly possible to the bell and then give it a ring, ding, dingy ding! I was thoroughly surprised when I was chased by those sassy little buggers. I couldn't out run them so inevitably, I was stung on my arm and cried bloody murder as if someone had decapitated me. Thankfully, the pack of scouts staying on the grounds were still around and rushed to my side to take care of me. When in the French countryside, it is almost impossible to find a medic so really, this was the next best scenario. A lovely girl who was maybe all of 16, appeared with her first aid kit and whipped out some antiseptic and made my boo boo all better. Thankfully Adri was also at my side to help me count to ten in an attempt to take my mind off of the
excruciating pain. In no time at all, I was all bandaged up and good to go.



The bell where the wasps reside.

We got a pool today!!!

The scouts having a morning shower, French style.
No comments:
Post a Comment