Dear France,
How I love thee. I love your lovely sounding language, your culture, wine, your endless lavender fields, topless beaches, markets full of gorgeous fresh fruits and flowers, your charm, your people and let me not forget your cheese and delish baguettes too! There isn't a thing that rubs me the wrong way when it comes to your land. I will be coming to visit you in August for a month and until that time, I am making a vow to only eat french cheese, drink french wine, learn the language, refine my making of the baguette and perhaps even the croissant and will consume more french fries than humanly possible. What I am trying to convey is that I plan on mastering everything French! Julia Child would be so proud of what is yet to come. I look forward to my adventure overseas to meet you. Mama says you're a wondrous place full of mystery and excitement. She tells me stories of a bike trip she once took across Bordeaux way back in the day. She had 2 outfits, 1 pair of shoes, a map and a stick to use as a navigational tool. Come to find out that she had the most fun ever; met fabulous people, drank the nectar of the land and ate more duck than should be legal. (oh does she ever have regrets about that) But not about the daily consumption of 7 course meals! There's also talk of her frolicking on the beaches. (There may be a topless photo of her lingering somewhere in the achieves) Eating snails. Long afternoons lounging while sipping on wine. Oh how she misses her many trips to visit you. Have no fear, for we shall come and conquer. We are counting the days and were now somewhere around the 300 day mark. Please roll out the red carpet for us. And Meema too. And of course our personal chef Adri and her son Jack who will be joining us to cook up the most delicious meals. It's the least you can do for mama who will be turning 40....she does fancy a celebration....and therefore, we are coming to your land to seek out a marvelous time. Until then, Frenchie, I'll be on the computer learning to speak your tongue!
No comments:
Post a Comment