Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me


















I throw a darn good birthday party. I can do it all. The food, entertainment, games, cupcakes....you name it, I'll master it! I am the man!!!!!!!!! We had a dinosaur fossil dig that was a smashing success. Mama made fossils from coffee grounds, coffee, flour and salt. Then she took plastic dinosaurs and made an imprint. Daddy then had the pleasure of hiding them in the sand box and what a time we had digging them up. On to the food....ohhhh yum! We had roasted tomato jalapeno salsa and tomatillo salsa that was homemade from the garden.Lots of salads for those looking for a shot of fiber in their diet. Guacamole from the avocado tree of Mama Cara. Then there was chili rellenos that were pretty darn good. And fiesta cakes that were delish! Everything from scratch. Even the sangria... Carlota thought it was yum. She happens to be from Spain and knows a good glass of sangria. And the margaritas...they went quick. Empty by the end of the party. The cupcakes were something too. Vanilla and chocolate that mommy made and then red velvet compliments of Aunt Sandy. Now about the entertainment....some crazy clown showed up and was hysterical. Cooper and Jack were scared out of their mind when they first caught sight of the clown. It took some time for my friends to warm up to him. Sophie, being the smartie pants that she is, knew it was daddy. She warmed up to him quick. But I didn't move a muscle and stayed put on Meema's lap the entire time. He (Daddy) did magic tricks and then some. Made balloons. Had a frog dissappear.(Luca was on to him though) And a scarf too. Made a quarter disappear. After it was all said and done, there was a dinosaur egg hunt. Eggs hollowed out and then stuffed with a hershey kiss to make things more interesting. All and all, Daddy had the crowd laughing. He was definitely a crowd favorite and will most definitely reappear in the future. I had such a great party!!!!!!! I got so many presents that I can't believe it. It's good to be me.

No comments: