Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Serious things are transpiring here in Jakeville. I've got 2 new molars poking through my gums which means more puking, whining and a lack of appetite for me. I took my first nap on the floor in my room today. Before mommy could even get out of dodge, I was already catapulting myself out of the crib and racing around the room. Once she left, I embraced my new found freedom and ran around banging on things for about a half an hour. Once I realized I was trapped in my own little world, I tried as hard as I could to escape but just haven't figured out yet how to turn the door knob. It was at that point when I decided to lay down on my comforter and pillows and shed crocodile tears. Tonight mommy and I had a major ceremony before bedtime. Together we took the crib apart, piece by piece, since it wouldn't fit through the darn door frame. We flung my mattress on the floor after rearranging my entire room and had a big boy party in recognition of my entry into boyhood. You would have thought I aced my SAT exam or something the way mommy was hootin' and a hollerin' about my new sleeping arrangement. We read story after story and then sang lots and lots of songs until mommy ran outta tunes. Hopefully I'll have sweet dreams throughout the night and not wake up in a panic. One other item of interest.....mommy had a few contractions today while we were out running errands. Chloe is being a major wiggle worm and causing extreme fatigue like never before. We're just hoping she doesn't decide to get her knickers in a knot and come barreling out tonight. Although her room is now finished, the rest of us aren't really prepared for the event.

No comments: