
When ever will 'they' learn that I'm not a lab rat who can be run through a series of tests??Who, pretell, did they think they were trying to fool? Did they actually think I would sleep all through the night when I had total access to roam freely in my own kingdom now that my crib is a thing of the past? Mommy spent yet another sleepless night on the couch which is directly beneath my room. She heard me get up at 1am and 2:45am - I was just checking to make sure there weren't any monsters in the closet. Finally at 4:15am I had decided that there was an ever so slight possibility of the boogie man lurking and couldn't stand it another minute. Mommy rescued me but only because daddy is in full blown tax season mode and she made an executive decision that he could use the sleep rather than hear me belt out bloody murder. We tried snuggling in my bed for awhile but it was clear I was ready to start my day. It's daddy's birthday today so we got up and fired up the waffle iron and surprised him with breakfast and balloons when he finally got up. Oh, and of course my brilliant home made card that I crafted for him! The committee had a meeting this morning over breakfast and decided that effective this evening, there will be a change in strategy as far as my sleeping goes. The crib will be coming back but only as a 3 sided contraption. We're off to buy a rail today and will see how that goes. My morning nap was a bit of a struggle and after climbing up my changing table one-handed, it's now been removed from my digs as well. These people are leaving me with practically nothing left!!! I guess that's life as usual in Africa and we know mommy's mantra when it comes to the nation of Africa. Ce la vie!
2 comments:
Hey, Wild Thing:
You have 8 more sleeps to get your Kingdom in order. My bag is out and I'm ready to go on a moments notice; however, your Daddy's cookies aren't baked yet. If need be, I can bring the bag of chips with me and we'll throw them together when I get there. Tell Mommy to hang in there - help is on the way!
Hugs and Love, Meema
Auntie Ro and cousin Jehn will arrive right before Meema has to go home so that you will be well cared for and mommy can get her rest
Can't wait to get my hands on all of you, especially you Jake. And then Meema she deserves all the hugs she can get.
Post a Comment