
Meema keeps mentioning something about having 'the agency' send someone over. I didn't quite understand what she was talking about until mommy clued me in. I'm in utter shock over the fact that she'd have a complete stranger fill in for her at such a critical time in our lives. I mean, with a new baby coming and all, I thought she'd have the stamina to keep up with us. Apparently, I'm running her ragged. And I mean ragged! She's not accustomed to all of my energy and spice I have to dish out. Sometimes I admit that I've been known to become a wiggle worm when it's time for clean pants - she's exhausted most times after just one diaper change. I think she's going to start strapping me down with a bungee cord. And then there's the process of trying to get me in my car seat - that one can be a doozie. So shoot me! I'm just a jolly little boy who's looking to have some fun. We took her to the botanical garden in Golden Gate park a few days ago and she did such a terrific job chasing me around. And of course, we had a ball smelling all of the flowers - one of my favorite things to do. Yesterday we dragged her to the zoo and saw some animals. I finally roared like a tiger when I saw one pacing back in forth in its cage. We've been to many a parks too and she never takes her eye off of me. Meanwhile, lazy bones Jones mommy is always basking in the sun while all of this is going down. She's loving the help more than anything. She's only put me to bed once in the last week. She's living on easy street now. However, there's a trick to all of this and that's about keeping Meema very content....starting her day off by making her a morning latte, baking fresh breads for her consumption, preparing dinner and then of course, Meema's favorite time, cocktail hour. Whoooo hoooo. That happens when I'm having dinner. Meema has one lemon drop while dining at the table with me. She gets a little goofy from here on out though. That's when she usually starts babbling on about 'the agency' lady. Oh, and get a load of this, I'm now able to utter Meema. Finally! As for daddy, I got to spend some time with him this morning which was complete bliss for me. He's tired these days and is counting down the days until April 15th. We're all hoping mommy has the baby soon so it gives him an excuse to take a day off. Mommy's looking for a day off too. She keeps thinking it'll be soon - she's dilated at 2cm now and can't figure out what's taking so long. I think she's going to try the Castor oil trick today so the baby has no choice but to slide right out. No one needs to fear for our safety just yet as we're managing to stay afloat for now. But.....perhaps once it's just me and Meema left to our own devices, someone might want to check in on us to make sure I haven't been dropped off on the front steps of the infamous agency!!!!!


3 comments:
Jake Jake! You better be good to your Meema! You don't want those agency people to come get you!
-Cooper and Jack
Go Meema! A very familiar story - all this energy you have and fuss you're creating, Jake....but is your favorite word 'no'? And how mean a tantrum can YOU throw?
Post a Comment