
Our beloved ally was put to sleep this afternoon and every one, especially mama, is heartbroken over it. She was just a month shy of her thirteenth birthday. She had recently lost most of her hearing. Was possibly suffering from dementia. Having a little trouble with her hind legs. And was becoming increasingly aggressive with Sophie and I. She bit mommy this week....it was that event that sealed her fate. we were all fearful that it would be me next. She hunted me like she was a lion ready to pounce on her next meal. If she wasn't hunting me, she was then growling at me. Over the past few years, she was always quarantined from us because she was just a nasty little thing. No matter what we did, she was always a curmudgeon towards us. All the while, mama continued to love her and see that she had a comfortable place in the world. There could be no more of a difficult dog than ally. However, after you peeled back all of her layers, she was a tender little cupcake. Unfortunately, the only person that was able to experience this side of her was mama. Ally's sole purpose in life was to protect her. She guarded mama from daddy, as well as Sophie and I from mommy. It was a twisted story to say the least. Way back in the day, mama promised ally she would see her through to the end of time. And sadly, her time ended today. Yesterday we took her for her final walk on the trail near our house. Ally frolicked and ate grass like she loves to do. The pictures above are from our photo shoot....some of them I even took. Last night she actually got to snuggle up and sleep in bed with mommy - that hasn't happened in a very long time! This morning at breakfast, she got three times her normal amount of food and then Sophie and I made her a bowl of ice cream an hour before daddy took her to the vet. Mama could not bare the thought of witnessing the final act. Apparently, she was peaceful and calm at the vets office. As she was leaving with daddy, we told her to give a big kiss to grandma bobbe once she gets to heaven. We are all assuming she's headed for heaven despite her feisty ways. I spent some time today drawing pictures for mommy in an attempt to make her happy. I even brought her a rock from my collection thinking that might cheer her up. Turns out I am an uber sensitive boy just like my daddy. We will miss ally terribly! Hopefully we will soon recover from the heartache. Once we are ready for a new puppy, I've decided that we are getting a rainbow lab. Mama says they don't exist but I'm convinced I will find one somewhere!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment