there are signs of mama either getting old and decrepit or just ready to crack. She's lost her edge. Her mojo. Her ability to entertain. It could just be a phase. Let's just hope for that being the case so we all don't starve around here. Last night we had Scarlett, Rowan, Camille and Miranda over for dinner and mama didn't even begin the preparations until the guests arrived. So unlike her. I suspect it had something to do with Sophie starting her day at 4am yesterday morning and mommy feeling very lethargic and cranky. As a result, the hummus turned out crappy. The broccoli and beets never got roasted. A salad never made. The kids pasta was iffy. The watermelon ran out and poor Camille was sad she gone none! And the black bean brownies were refused by all. Turns out that ally ate ever one of them while we were upstairs brushing our teeth. I can happily report this morning that the chocolate didnt kill her. Thank you to Mel for making the delicious lemon soufflé that was loved by all. I guess every party can't be the best and sometimes you just have to appreciate the company and hope for a better meal next time!!! perhaps sophie and I can send mama out for a massage soon to rejuvenate her ailing soul. Thankfully meema comes in 2 weeks for 10 days so there is a rescue mission in the works. Yay!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment