Monday, August 4, 2008

Life's a Beach at Camp Meema!

We're just getting back from our weekend in Coronado where the festivities kicked off with a birthday party for mommy thrown by Jordan and dinner concocted by Meema. What a party planner that cousin of mine Jordan is. She had balloons, gift bags and horns. She and Carter even baked a delicious cake - it was terrific! (Jordan dropped her piece on the floor though) To top it off, they went to one of those pottery places and each made mommy the most fabulous gifts ever! Jordan made a dolphin and Carter a plate. We spent all day Friday at the beach - I was such the explorer. I liked to chase mommy and daddy down to the water and found myself doing a little splish splashing in the waves. I no longer like to eat the sand - can you believe the progress I'm making?
I did make a few observations while at the beach....

1.) Blonds really do have more fun
2.) Digging to China via a hole in the sand might be the fastest but not the cleanest way to get there.
3.) Sunscreen and an umbrella are a white boy's best friend at the beach.
4.) What happens at the beach doesn't necessarily stay at the beach based on the 20lbs. of sand I brought home with me in my britches.
5.) There's nothing like a snooze on the sand with the wind blowing in your hair.
6.) Some men shouldn't be caught dead in a Speedo - what's with that?

Saturday morning at the crack of dawn, Carter, Jordan and I went for a bike ride to get coffee which was fun since Jordan and I got to dog pile into some contraption that was pulled by mommy. We also made a pit stop over at Aunt Tina's sister's house for a playdate with Jessie and Waylan who have the best toys in town. You might be wondering, where ever is daddy while we're out tearing up the town?? He spent a lot of the weekend sleeping and that's exactly where he was while we were out exploring. He did, however, wake up for some pool time. The weather wasn't so good but we spent a few hours swimming, although I promptly fell asleep in Meema's arms naked while she held me tight for an hour and a half...I accidentally took a little pee on her too! On Saturday evening we had our closing ceremonies around a camp fire in the backyard that daddy created. There were roasted weenies and of course, we couldn't pass up on making smores. Such a great time I had a Camp Meema and can't wait to go back. Fortunately Meema's coming up to see me in 19 sleeps - we get to have our own fun since mommy and daddy are going river rafting and leaving me behind.








2 comments:

Unknown said...

I so miss my little campers! Call me crazy, but I'm already thinking about the 2nd session of Camp Meema. It was so great to share the wonderment of the beach - the dolphins - and the water line (thanks to Uncle Jeff). Next, I want to do the Light House at Point Loma and the Tide Pools. Life is good, Meema

auntie ro said...

Hi Jake,
How lucky to have been at Camp Meema. It sounds and looks like you had so much fun with your wonderful grandma and cousins. It also sounds like mommy had a wonderful birthday too. I miss you all. And just to think Meema gets to see you in 18 sleeps again. Tell her I am jealous.
Love,
Auntie Ro