Tuesday, August 12, 2008
One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Jake!
A small miracle happened today - I did a little walking on my own. I didn't make it down to the corner store for a frosty libation or anything, I just stood up on my feet for a few seconds and then managed to even take a few steps before crashing down to the floor. I followed that up with a major victory crawl around the house with a giant grin on my face. Shortly after that, I went to meet my new friends, Jack and Cooper at the park. They ran circles around me since they're both 15 months old and quite the proficient walkers. Unfortunately, they weren't very interested in me - they're twins and seem to have their own secret language. Try as I might, I just couldn't crack their code! My little woman stuck by my side though...Scarlett was there for the action. She's a sticky fingered thief - she snatched my Blackberry from me in no time at all and then handed it off to Cooper who had it in his possession for a few hours. By the time it came back to me, it was out of juice and of no interest to me. Once daddy got home from work, I was able to repeat my walking trick and of course, he was the proudest poppa on the block!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You go, little man. A whole new world has just opened up to you. I'll have to see this for myself in 9 more sleeps.
XOXOXOXOX Meema
Boy I should have put some money on a craps table somewhere, or even one of the many lotteries out there. Told your mom the other day that she had better get ready, cause you would be walking not only before your first birthday. Funny though daddy and mommy and all of us are so excited that you're walking. Boy I don't think mama realizes what this really means. We just won't tell her and daddy, will we Jake!!!! Now all you have to do is say "Meema" in the next 7 sleeps and blow the minds of
us all. Love You Jake!!! Oh yea, love mommy and daddy too
Auntie Ro
NO WAY, MAN! I'm still crawling around town and will be for a while. And hey, by the way, where is this Coronado place and can I come??? - Luca
Post a Comment