Thursday, September 1, 2011
Mama begged for a vacation from her vacation but life for the past 13 days have been anything but restful. We have had a action packed life that doesn't ever end. Today it was a beach day in Marin to celebrate Scarlett's 4th birthday. Yesterday consisted of the gym plus a yoga class in the pm. We got to play at Miranda's house while mama got her yoga on. Tuesday we went way out to the burbs, San Ramon to be exact, to go to the water park only to discover summer hours are no longer in effect. Closed for business! Fortunately there was an awesome park nearby with water shooting everywhere. Sunday we went to Scarlett's fairy princess party and I even dressed up for it. I put one of Sophie's princess outfits on but felt a little silly and took it off 5 minutes into the party. Saturday was a blast...we went to an amusement park where Xanah actually won a prize at the ring toss. Since she can't accommodate this life like prize in her small apartment, she kindly gave it to Sophie and I. It's a cow and it's probably bigger than our car. Mama wanted to toss it out on the side of the road because she's trying to live with less stuff in our lives. But no, it's in our house and just one more thing for her to trip on. Friday....I got to see my BFF Dylan. He invited us to his pool for a day of swimming. Hold on to your hats because something glorious happened. I swam on my own without any water wings. It was such a moment for me. I screamed out, I can swim like Dylan! Thursday we had Scarlett, Rowan and Miranda over for lunch and a swim in our pool which isnt much bigger than our bathtub. Wednesday it was the gym. Tuesday a trip to see the doctor for Sophie's two year checkup. She's in the 90% range for weight and height but only 40% for her tiny little head. And she's as healthy as can be. I weighed in, or shall I say, tipped the scales at 51 pounds. Must be all that French ice cream. I see the doctor tomorrow for my 4 year check up. I'm in a massive growth spurt at the moment and I'm just about to outgrow the size 5 shorts I got before we left for France. I will say though, my palate is becoming a little bit more refined. I ate Mac and cheese for the first time last night and loved it. Mommy made us cheese crepes last week and we gobbled them up. If only I could sleep through the night. How wonderful that would be. A novel concept for some. Impossible for me. To wrap it up, all is well and good here. We have survived the past 13 days while mama has been on a strict juice fast. She can be a real grump at times but we just say, this too shall pass.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow I have been waiting for this post forever. I love you....... Give the kidlets and Jefferton a kiss for me.
Muah! xoxoxoxoxox
Post a Comment