Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My New Trick

I often think that I'm being groomed for the circus around here or perhaps even as a replacement for our dog, Ally. Lately, mommy and daddy seem to enjoy having me fetch things as if I were the dog. I will say though, I do have an impressive new trick up my sleeve. Mommy was trying to fold about 12 loads of laundry yesterday while I was climbing all over her. We were in her room when she asked me to bring a specific book to her that was located in my room. I gave her 'the look' as I confidently waltzed into to my room, looked through a pile of about 25 books for Birthday Monsters and then gleefully brought it to her and plopped it in her lap. She thought maybe it was just a fluke so she sent me back for the Belly Button book. Yet again, bingo! I brought it to her. Shortly after my circus act, I walked over to the laundry chute and chucked them both down it while laughing wildly. Meanwhile, back at the farm, mommy and I are both sick with a cold. I spent most of the weekend being really cranky. Mommy woke up yesterday with it and has spent the past 2 nights on the couch since she can't really sleep. She's been up most of the night and has no clue as to how she's going to get through the day with no help. In fact, neither of us attempted to get out of our pj's yesterday or even off the couch. Well, I of course was running around like a maniac while mommy laid on the couch. She's officially sending out an SOS......

No comments: