Monday, November 21, 2011

It has been determined that I am banned from all movie theaters for a long time to come. Saturday was mommy/son date day and I totally blew it. We went to see Happy Feet or we tried to see it.

This is how it went....

Mama:: Two tickets for HappyFeet.
Them: $18.50, please.
Mama: What???? $8.50 for a four year old ticket? How can a family of four afford to take their family to a movie these days?
Them: these are the prices. Would you like to see the movie or not?

Then off to find a seat....
Me: mommy, it's so dark in here that I must sit on your lap. I ate my lunch so that means I can have my candy now, right? oh, popcorn. We forgot to get popcorn, mama. Let's go get some.

Popcorn situation....
Mama: one small popcorn please.
Them: That'll be $5.
Mama: What? Five bucks for a small popcorn, are you joking?
Them: well, if you buy a membership for $6, we will give you a medium popcorn for half off.
Mama: but I cant afford to come to the movies because the ticket prices are unreasonably high so really, the membership is useless. Plus, I don't want my son eating that much popcorn. I will take a small popcorn.

Back to the theater....
Me: when is the movie going to start? I can't wait! Why are so many kids here? I have to sit on your lap for the entire movie. Can you massage my head, please?

Previews start....not looking hopeful. It's loud. Scary and making me nervous.
Happy feet then starts and I have so many questions. Why are there so many penquins standing around? Can penquins really sing. I must hold mamas hand. I'm terrified. 20 minutes into the movie I demand to go home. I pull out the, I'm tired and need to nap in my bed excuse. Mamas pissed because she was dozing and didn't want to be interrupted. I persist and off we go. Time to do some mommy errands....a French warehouse sale not too far from the theater. Score!!!!!!

No comments: