Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Should you be considering a home exchange program in the future, let me advise you of one thing: be very careful with whom you swap with. Because we could be your worst nightmare. Let's go over what has happened over the past month. Daddy broke the little plastic doodad that holds the shower sprayer in place. He's now super glued it more times than I can remember and it has finally crapped out. Our current problem is drainage in the shower and after an entire bottle of draino, there's still water on the floor. The bathroom is now deemed unusable, not to mention, relatively toxic. Lauren busted the French press while shutting the dish washer and mama doesn't want to spend 30 euros to replace the darn thing. Adri dropped a baking ramekin which was replaced today but in a different color. Will they, or won't they notice? I broke a terra-cotta planter outside when no one was looking. Mama shattered a bowl and a plate because she was being careless. In the beginning, I vaguely recall a drinking glass being broken but don't know who to point the finger at for that one. Mama backed into a pole while driving but luckily no damage was done to the bumper. Lauren hit the toilet seat with her knee and it is no longer attached to the actual toilet. If one is not careful when sitting down, one would most certainly end up on the floor. And possibly in mid stream. Sophie and I were playing with the mesh screen in the bathroom and ever since it has been hanging by a thread. I'm pretty sure that would cover all the damage done throughout the month. It could have been a lot worse. Right??? We are hoping that between now and Friday nothing else ends up in the damaged goods pile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment