Monday, December 13, 2010

I woke up from my nap this afternoon and flew downstairs only to find mama in a diaper on the treadmill. This is day number one of her half marathon training and she claims that after having two children, one can not expect to jog without expelling fluid on oneself. So she didn't really have a diaper on and she only was able to jog a total of 6 out of 45 minutes. Mind you, she looked like a 90 year old pathetic lady who was on the verge of collapsing at any moment. Jogging is her least favorite activity on the face of the earth but has decided to challenge herself in the final 6 months of life before turning 40. I think she's just trying to prove that she's not washed up. She's going to try to find a race to compete in while in France this summer. And since mama Cara came up with this brilliant fitness idea, she's hoping to have her company while partaking in a long ass marathon. Anything more than 10 minutes seems excruciatingly painful to her so to even fathom such a feat is remarkable. She might have to replace her $2 sneakers she picked up from the thrift store not too long ago and trade them in for some serious running shoes. Perhaps ones with a built in turbo jet motor just in case there's a worst case scenario situation that occurs. All I know is that mama is a much happier person once she's been infused with a runner's high, even if it was only a measly 6 minute jog. I'm totally rootin' for her cause I know she can do anything if she puts her mind to it. I think I'm going to put a case of Depends underpants under the Christmas tree for her. I bet she'd think that was a marvelous gift.

1 comment:

Bino Baby said...

Slow down girl, I haven't even given birth yet!!! Nevermind shed enough weight to put running clothes on!!! I'm impressed!