I miss Daddy! That is what seems to fly out of my mouth these days. I just learned something interesting about him. Turns out he's the tax man. I now find myself saying that all the time. He's working very very hard at the moment and because of his amazing dedication to Uncle Sam, it means less play time for he and I. Who is Uncle Sam anyways...I can't find him anywhere on our family tree. Daddy did summon us to his office yesterday so we could all have lunch together in North Beach. We schlepped over to see him dispite the pouring down rain. The biggest news of all is that tomorrow is his 38th birthday! Wow is he old. I can't even count that high. I have done a tremendous job of keeping his present a secret. We've had it in our possession for days and I haven't spilled the beans. Mommy is in utter shock over my ability to keep my lips tight. We have a big weekend of hoopla going on for him. Mommy's taking him out for an adult dinner on Saturday night and then we're having a brunch for him in the city on Sunday at his favorite breakfast spot and all of his friends are coming for the celebration! Meanwhile back at the farm, mommy's having to fill daddy's shoes while he's temporarily unavailable for assignments. This means she has to set up my train set when requested and for the first time ever, she managed to pull off the engineering feat last night. It was some work on her part but in the end, she finally figured it out. Turns out there wasn't even a train wreck from her design. Then there's the battery changing situation that she's having to attend to. All the things she always defers to daddy -they are coming back to bite her in the booty! The days are long without daddy around and although I know it's a short term situation, I just can't deny the fact that he's my favorite guy ever and makes me really really happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment