
It was a glorious 80 degrees here today so we got the heck out of our house and made a mad dash to the zoo. Sophie finally got to see the monkeys and elephants that I'm always telling her about. I'm pretty sure she loved the monkeys the best. Maybe because we're always reading the Busy Monkeys book to her. We also took a train ride where we came about 3 feet from an enormous Emu as well as some kooky kangaroos that were bouncing around. Sophie let out a squeal and let me tell y'all, the girl can belt out a scream these days! I fashioned my elephant underpants to the zoo today. I didn't have an accident for the entire 3 and 1/2 hours we were there. Bravo for me! I'm almost out of diapers and mommy is still committed to not buying anymore once they're all gone. The biggest event of the day is that I finally pooped in the potty. I haven't been able to go in the potty for weeks - I only go in my diaper when I'm either going down for a nap or at bedtime. It took quite a bit of effort on my part to pull it off. I have a 'poo poo party bag' full of presents and finally....I got to pick something out of it after dropping the kids off at the pool, so to speak! I opted for the tennis rackets and it turns out that I'm actually pretty good at the sport.
Only one sleep remaining until Meema's arrives. The word on the street has it that she's got chocolate chip cookies for me. We're road tripping to Palm Springs on Sunday - yeehaw!

1 comment:
No more sleeps - I'll be on my way soon, with chocolate chip cookies in hand!
Post a Comment