Tonight in the bath while mommy was putting Sophie to bed, I decided to unscrew her bottle of brand new shampoo and pour the entire contents of the bottle into my bath water. You should have seen the look on her face when she walked in and noticed a slew of bubbles in the water. She had done restorative yoga this afternoon in the living room while we were sleeping so her mood was more mellow than usual, hence the fact that she just told me how sad she was that I emptied it all out. Considering that it was coconut/shea butter shampoo, my skin is uber soft now. Moving on to this afternoon and our first trip ever down to the creek by our house, I failed to heed her warning about walking in a pool of water. I encountered the continental shelf - I think it was a 5 foot drop off and it sure scared the pants off of me. Mama's quick moving saved me from a close call with death. All the while, Sophie was on mommy's back gazing at the forest and had no idea what all the fuss was about. Then there was this morning when I was down in my art studio while mommy was doing laundry and not paying close attention to me. Of course I went straight to the paint products and made the biggest of messes ever. And that reminds me of a few days ago when we went to the store for eggs. The minute we got home, mama put Sophie upstairs, so naturally I went in for the kill....got my hands on the eggs and started throwing them on the garage floor. Then there's my latest trick of taking off my diaper after I poop. I like to bring it over to mommy and show it to her. That doesn't go over well. All of these things are driving my commander and chief over the edge. I could go on and on with little stories of how I spend my days making mischief! Sophie and I have been sick with a cold all week which doesn't help matters. In fact, Sophie still remains happy and giggly while sick - she's truly amazing. She can have a snot ball the size of Niagra coming down and she's still laughing. Where as I, oh boy, I'm a different ball of wax. Sophie also has tooth numero two coming in this week to top it off. Fortunately, both of us have been decent sleepers and not waking up in the night. This helps although I hear that a 6am wake up isn't really kosher. They keep telling me that until the sun comes up, I'm not to move a muscle and get out of bed. Oh, one interesting developmental thing cooking with me....I've reached the 'my' stage. Anything that you can dream up, I'll make it mine with a blink of an eye. My tissue, my car, house, rock, pee pee. and on and on. Sometimes I can be quite comical about it too! 3 more sleeps until we fly away to the beaches of Hawaii! Our bags are packed for the most part.
I can't wait to get my hands on Meema. I have a new phrase I like to shout out while having a meal.....Meema Rocks! I figured she'd like that one.
3 comments:
Pack up your sun screen and water wings. We're heading for the island in the sun in two more sleeps!
Aloha
I guess that mom is learning what a boy is about and a 2 year old boy at that. A boy is Adventurous and loves to Experiment especially if someone else AKA MOM will have a reaction. And as the months and years go by the experimenting gets to be so much more fun - - watch out mom this is i=onkly the begining.
gotta watch my spelling
Post a Comment