I went seal hunting today. well, not technically. What I meant to say was that I spotted my very first seal in the bay. I kept shouting 'seal head' when one would bob in the water. I also caught a glimpse of a trolley which mommy says we can ride one day when I'm old enough and she's confident enough that I won't jump off. We then met Cooper and Jack at Peekadoodle, a club just for kids, and had a blast. I got to meet their new sister Malena too. She's got such a lush head of hair. And her cheeks, you can't help but want to pinch them!!! Daddy rolled up to our house this evening on a new bike for mommy. I've been saving all my loose change since birth - I really wanted to get her the birthday present she's been wanting. Turns out she loves her new set of wheels. Next on her list is a thingy that attaches to it so she can pull Sophie and I around.
I experienced my first kitchen disaster today. I became obsessed with a shallot this afternoon and spent at least 20 minutes peeling off the layers when suddenly, my eye began to itch. Logical next step was to scratch it. Oh my my, did I ever scream bloody murder when the shallot juice made contact with my eye ball. You would have thought I had just lost a limb. Genius mama realized post episode that it was a real dumb thing to let me do. She got a pasta maker a few weeks ago and decided today was going to be the day to try the sucker out so she was thrilled by my shallot obsession so she could make some spaghetti. She was surprised by my love of her sauce too. Who would have thought I'd go from Cheerio's to a Sherry tomato cream sauce. So progressive of me. And, I loved the raw pasta but the moment it hit the table in cooked form, I wanted no part of it. My palate is awfully strange! To finish off the birthday celebration this evening, we got mommy her favorite...an ice cream cake! Yummy! I can devour a piece of that in under 2 minutes flat. And then ask for more. Me on a sugar high ain't a pretty sight!!!!!!!
1 comment:
There is a second Bay to Sand Road Trip in your future. Right after your Birthday Celebration, we're heading south. You won't be spotting any seals, but you will likely see lizzards and frogs, and possibly a cyote or two. We'll start the countdown at 30 sleeps. Until then -
Luv, MEEMA
Post a Comment