Friday, October 3, 2008
She'll be comin' around the corner......
Meema's coming over tonight - does anyone know what that means? The world's best chocolate chip cookies! She bakes them for daddy whenever she comes over and last time she was here, I sunk my teeth into one and holy moly, mother of the cooking gods, it was divine! I already have my stack of books sitting in my room waiting for Ms. Meem's story hour. I've progressed from story minute to story hour - I now love to sit in the rocking chair and listen to stories for hours on end. We're getting settled here at our new house which might I add, is the greatest place on earth! I'm not used to all of the space. In fact, it really tires me out. And, the silence...this is a new concept for me. I used to pop up to the 5am trash truck. Now it's birds singing glorious melodies. I'm up to napping about 5 hours a day!!! We have some really terrific neighbors who have already stopped by to introduce themselves. Mel, the neighbor behind us even gave us an heirloom tomato from her garden which mommy swears was the best she's ever had! Alex, our next door neighbor who must be all of 6 or 7, invited himself in on the first night we were here. He's quite the character and I'm certain we'll have some neighborly fun throughout the years to come. There's a fantastic hiking trail at the end of our street that leads to a creek and yesterday we discovered wild blackberries growing everywhere. I see my future...mommy putting me to work as a picker as soon as I'm able to walk without wobbling. And our fig tree....it's full of fruit at the moment, however, I'm protesting the fruit right now so hopefully there are other takers! Two of our neighbors have already expressed interest in any left over figs - we're already making friends around here! We're running out this morning to replace our lemon juicer so we can make Meema a lemon drop with fruit from our lemon tree! Get ready Meema, you're in for some kind of fun this weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fire up the juicer; I'm on my way!
Hugs, Meema
Post a Comment