Wednesday, October 8, 2008

El Gordito!!!

Something very peculiar is happening in Jakeland - I have an appetite for destruction! Out of no where I now want to inhale everything in sight. We're talking NFL linebacker appetite! Cheerios by the fistful. Green beans sauteed in garlic. I even ate hummus and baba ganoush that mommy whipped up yesterday. I've always turned my nose up to anything hinting of garlic. And this morning, I ripped a banana out of mommy's hand and ate the entire thing. But wait, there's more. I then polished off an entire bottle of milk. I haven't touched a banana since we were in Bali - I overdosed on them there and never wanted one again. All of this could have something to do with the fact that I've been hit with one cold after the next since the beginning of August and it appears that I have finally gotten over the last one. And now, I'm the little boy in the plastic bubble cause mommy can't handle one more virus coming through this house. I'm in the process of being weened off of formula and on to milk which could account for my insatiable appetite. Whatever it is, it is exciting to everyone since I've only practically been dining on yogurt and goldfish for weeks. The most devasting news according to mommy is that my days of 2 naps could be coming to an end. I had no desire to nap yesterday afternoon and this is around the time when little tots like myself tend to give it up. Instead of sleeping, I just wanted to walk in circles around my house. I barely crawl now and let me tell you, these boots were made for walkin'. Mommy says it makes for a long day when she misses her afternoon quiet time but I say it makes for more fun to get the entire day to play! Once I wake up from my morning snooze, we're going blackberry picking down by the bay in Berkeley. It's supposed to reach 77 degrees today. If we get enough fruit, we're going to either make jam or pie. Yumidy yum yum!

No comments: