Saturday, October 18, 2008

Been real busy lately. Had a double playdate yesterday...a picnic at the playground with Scarlett and then off to the beach with Cooper and Jack. Mommy is now realizing what an independent & fearless soul I've become. Once she strips me naked at the beach, I'm off like a herd of turtles! And there's no looking back to see who's trailing behind. I could be half way to Hawaii before cranking my head around to see if there's anyone after me. Not a care in the world. As for the water, I dive in like I'm an Olympic swimmer. I'm completely clueless as to whether or not there's a 5 foot drop off. It's kind of nice to be foot loose and fancy free - mommy says she vaguely remembers those days of yester year.
We're off to grandpa and grandma's tomorrow for the night and then on to Meema's for almost a whopping 2 weeks. Heaven. That means every night is a party with her. The minute 5:05pm rolls around, it's a non stop, certified shin-dig. She never takes her eye off of me and plays with me til the cows come home. Good news for mommy and daddy cause they can slip out of the house every night if they want. I have a sneaking suspicion that's ultimately what will go down. In fact, they've already booked a hotel for a night away next weekend. They think I was born on the turnip truck and can't figure these details out. Duh! Like they don't do this every time we go to Meema's.
I finally got to talk to Auntie Ro today - she's been on a medical leave for about 3 weeks and my heart has been empty without her! She's on the mend now and although she sounds a little tired, I heard that fire and spunk in her voice. I'm hoping she gets out of the hospital soon so she can come see me in the near future.
Tootles......off to bed for the night so I can rock and roll first thing in the morning!

1 comment:

auntie ro said...

Hey Jake, thank you for your your prayers and thoughts. I am back home in Vanocuver, and we will talk soon. I was so happy to hear your voice too. |t's good to be home.And even better to be able to talk to you. Give mommy and daddy a big hug and kiss for me, and give one to meema too. love you Jake.

Auntie Ro