Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Knocked Up!

Daddy has knocked up mommy again, can you believe? Whooooo Hooooooo! I'm going to be a big brother. This would be considered our precious, ever lasting souvenir from our trip to Hawaii in July. We have Auntie Ro's babysitting services to graciously thank for this one. I don't know much about the birds and the bees just yet...all I know is that this means come March, I'll no longer be the king of the castle! And what a sad state of affairs that will be. The baby is due on Grandpa Marty's birthday, March 31st. Something very auspicious is happening in the universe. I was born on Grandma Bobbe's birthday and now....a baby due on grandpa's birthday. Welcome to the twilight zone. Mommy is completely clueless as to how she's going to manage since the baby's coming during the height of tax season. Meema said she'll come for 2 weeks but once she's gone, we're all screwed! Right now we're undergoing the process of genetic testing cause mommy's as old as dirt! They've ruled out cystic fibrosis which I hear is a good thing. Next week it's an ultrasound to check for Down's. As far as the sex....it's most likely a boy and mommy says that ok because it just means we can take a family trip to Thailand to adopt baby number three so we can have a little girl to add to our family tree. Daddy says no way jose to that idea! I'm happy to report that mommy's been feeling much better as of late. For a week or so she was a wreck and all was disasterous in our world. She's definitely already taken up the art of eating for two which as we all know, is no surprise. Don't tell her I said so but her back end is spreading like wildfire. She mentioned something about it being part of her pregnancy charm. Y'all should be very thankful you don't have to live with her pregnancy insanity. I'm almost ready to admit myself to some sort of in-house therapy program so I can learn some invaluable tools that will help me cope and manage with her craziness. Daddy is a dreamboat from what I can tell. He just rolls with it all and very rarely responds to her moments of impaired judgement. I did, however, overhear him tell her a few weeks ago that he was so over this pregnancy already! I had no choice but to step in and tell him to shut his trap and refrain from stupid comments! I witnessed something rather shocking yesterday - mommy wiped off inches of dust from her pilates machine and must have spent at least an hour on it. She's already managed to put on 10 pounds in 10 weeks and has officially decided to turn that chub into muscle. Let's just see how long this lasts. She's complaining about her sore muscles this morning. It's been months since they've seen much activity.

1 comment:

auntie ro said...

Hey there Jake, A big brother hurray!!! And I thought mom and dad were catching up on much needed sleep, Who would of thunk!!!! Glad to have offered the baby sitting service Jake, we did have lots of fun playing on the floor. As far as being "King of the Castle, you will always be King to me and I bet Meema feels the same way. I will try to take up the slack when Meema leaves, for a week or so and you and I and your new baby can go play in the park.
As far as mommy's spreading tushie, tell her it's her imagination.All preggy women are beautiful, and yes your dad is a dreamboat. Love you all.
Auntie Ro