Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Email to my beloved family

Hello my lovelies!
I've only been in the air traveling for a measly 4 hours and 16 minutes and it seems like much longer than that. I'm squeezed into the middle seat (economy class, no less!) like a pathetic, little cramped sardine. I finally couldn't wait another minute so i just escaped to go to the potty. I only have another 9 hours and 34 minutes left on the countdown clock before I arrive in Hong Kong. And from there I will catch another 5 hour flight to India. I believe if I'm not mistaken, I'll be traveling a total of 9,500 miles. I've been studying the map while on board and think we should take a summer jaunt to this side of the world. i was reading up on the Four Seasons in the Maldives. i think y'all would love it. I know i really would fancy the place. They have a really fun kids program too! Talk it over and get back to me about it. I've managed to already successfully watch two somewhat bad movies. I don't believe i've seen 2 movies in the past 12 months. i even bought a book at the airport prior to boarding and got through an entire chapter without one single interruption. I also took a much needed short cat nap after we took off. Xanah's hand made pillow is the bomb! They served me a mediocre at best lunch which consisted of steamed broccoli, mushrooms and potatoes. Along with a most horrific lettuce and cucumber salad and a fruit salad that wasn't much better. Oh...a delicious gluten filled dinner roll too but since I ordered the vegan option, I got fake butter to spread on it. Be thankful that I don't make you eat imitation butter! I just rolled with it since I've given up the comforts of home for the next three weeks. Thank goodness my backpack has enough almonds, walnuts, hemp & chia seeds, protein bars and my homemade monkey balls to last me awhile. They also came round with a mini pint of Haagen das vanilla ice cream but I said no thank you to it. If only one of you were here beside me to gobble it up. This plane is packed to the gills...I'm going to guess there are almost 300 people on board. Not an empty seat. You should see the seating arrangement in first class. It's an impressive scenario. i tried to sweet talk my way into an upgrade but as noted by the sardine comment, i was less than successful. I'm sure that in all of my 4 trips to the Indian visa place, there's got to be someone on board with whom I've previously crossed paths with. There certainly are not a lot of people like me on board. Female American traveling solo that is. Fortunately my cough has been relatively subdued and I haven't hacked up a lung just yet. Or infected the surrounding area with typhoid. The guy next to me is so not pleased with the minimal amount of coughing that I am doing. It feels rather strange to not be putting my little yum balls to bed this evening. Or waking up to all of your sweet faces. I miss you guys like crazy and I haven't even crossed over the Hawaiian islands yet! Oh my word, how will I ever manage three weeks away from you. Was I delusional? I'm beginning to think so. At least i know you're in great hands. Daddy is going to be so much fun that you won't even notice I'm gone. Sophie: make sure to give Luna a gynormous, juicy kiss. And you jake my love, do the same for Lucy please. And both of you grab daddy as tight as you possibly can without squeezing him to death and smoother him with mommy kisses. And then dog pile on him for the quintessential super duper love fest! I miss y'all like mad.
Love you to the outer most planet and back!
Mommy

No comments: