Monday, May 9, 2011

I did it!

Something incredibly magical happened yesterday in the pool. I miraculously grew fins and morphed into a fish and from that moment on, I have referred to myself only as Nemo. For the past week I've watched Sophie swim around the pool without an ounce of fear and have secretly envied her for her ability to just jump in and have fun. I've been so cautious that even cautious wouldn't recognize me. That is, until yesterday! With the patience and help of my swim instructor extraordinaire Meema, I made my first voyage around the pool without any assistance other than from my trusty water wings. I was screaming, 'look, I can swim just like Sophie!!!' It was a beautiful moment in my life when I realized that I too can do anything I want. Meema kept trying to get me to take a rest but I was so excited by my new found ability that I just swam and swam until my legs couldn't go anymore. I practically ate a horse for dinner and then passed out for about 12 hours.

No comments: