Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Where, oh where has the time gone? It's almost been 3 weeks since we arrived in Palm Springs and tomorrow we begin our voyage home. Sadly, it's been the crappiest weather on record. I can't believe how cold it can get here! So much has happened and yet so much relaxation was had by all. Meema's been sick for most of our stay and tomorrow she finally heads to the doctor for a diagnosis. She's convinced she has separated ribs from all the coughing. It wouldn't surprise me if this really was the case. She can't stop coughing! Sophie and I have taken up the role of doctor to her. Every single time she steps foot in the house from work, we run to her with her cough drops. It was cute in the beginning but now mama says it thoroughly annoying! Probably because we fight like dogs trying to give it to her. Sophie and I were sick with a hacking cough as well and Sophie had to go to the doctor, only to be diagnosed with an ear infection. And problematic lungs which they gave her a steroid shock treatment for. Mama has been the queen bee around here....so much yoga that her body is aching and screaming with happiness. We've been for bike rides, mornings at the park, a trip to the library, play dates with Hayley, visits from Lauren and some random other things such as grapefruit picking in the canyon. Oh, there was also a very wonderful visit from Santa - how could I almost forget to mention that! Papa and Grandma even came to town to experience the event. It was a really fun morning full of so many presents. Mama fixed dinner for about 14 - Auntie Ro and her clan even drove in for it. We then took an adventure into LA for New Years and spent it with the entire Glick clan. I actually almost made it til midnight which was a shock. As always, it's a shame to leave Meema but I've invited her to visit us for our annual Valentine's Day party. I'm hoping she'll come as I wouldn't want to eat cupcakes alone. I also asked her to sleep in my room with me - who couldn't resist that offer?

No comments: