Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Mission Accomplished!
Mommy has never ever dared put Sophie and I in day care before. She's been a firm believer that no one watches a child as well as the mama does. Not to mention all of the germs and slime that seems to get passed around in an environment like that. That was at least her mantra until yesterday when she gleefully walked us into 'play care' at the gym and then deserted us for an hour. She magically manipulated me into thinking that I was only going along to watch out and take care of Sophie. Followed by promises of ice cream sundaes if we got a stellar report back from Nicole our caretaker. I spent the entire hour wondering just what goes on in that 3 story gym where I'm not allowed in to. Could it be that mama was having the time of her life burning calories at such a rapid rate that she could justify a noon-time ice cream? Or was she in the locker room soaking her troubles away in the jacuzzi and steam room? She didn't mention the massage facility - I overheard someone else talking about that perk. Hmmmmm. I guess I'll never know. But what I do know is that she was a much happier and energetic person when she returned to fetch us. She has Sophie scheduled for play care 3 days a week and even proceeded to buy a card for unlimited daycare for only $45 a month. She has Xanah and Miranda coming over twice a week to watch us while she exercises too. She's determined to not be a slob come her 40th birthday. She even started acupuncture this week in an attempt to rectify her ailing ankle, knee and back. And of course, her laugh lines on her face too. Why not? A few pokes in the face ain't that bad, is it? If that's what it takes to stimulate some collagen then so be it! After the gym scenario we marched ourselves into Fenton's for lunch and ice cream. We were very well behaved - some might even refer to us as pleasurable. When the late afternoon fell upon us, there was Xanah and Miranda....I like to refer to them as the second shift. Mommy took off so quick her head was still spinning! She then drug daddy to the gym in hopes of convincing him to join. She grabbed his attention by mentioning the possibility of playing squash Saturday and Sunday mornings while we little neglected people are in play care. I'm beginning to see how this is all going to play out. My abandonment issues are going to be huge! Good thing I'm such a secure and confident kind of guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment