Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Getting into a bay area pre-school is like applying to an Ivy League school. It's ridiculous. And nerve wracking! They make you come and tour the school too. Sometimes on a Saturday. And without kids. My point being...it's time consuming and a pain in the arse. Plus, they even now make you pay an application fee. It's pre-school for crying out loud! A place for fun and games. Not rocket science. A few days ago I received my first rejection letter from a really cool co-op that has a real living bunny. That was the selling point for me. A bunny who could do tricks. Mommy was a little bummed since she thought it was a prefect learning institution for me. When the mail came today, there was a very thin envelope from yet another school. She immediately said to me, 'Jake, yet another rejection. Get used to it. Life is full of rejections!' And then.....hootin' and hollerin' and then craziness broke out! I have been accepted to Harvard West! It's formal name is Linda Beach Co-Op Pre-School. It's in Piedmont with all the fancy folk. I better upgrade my wardrobe come September! We are really quite excited about it too. Mommy was becoming increasingly worried that I was going to be left without a school. She then thought that perhaps she could convince daddy that Mullberry Montessori would be a terrific fit for me. They'd teach me French there. For the price of about $1800 a month!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Little Man. Life shouldn't be so stressful at such a young age. Let's get back to basics. In two more sleeps, I'm heading for the City by the Bay. When you wake up on Friday morning, you'll see a brown suitcase with pink polka-dots and you'll know that Meema's there. Rock and Roll!