Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Life is good when you're on vacation! First, a weekend at papa and grandma's house. Gosh, they are so much fun that they make my head spin! Plus, they love to eat like no one else I've ever met. I can always count on evenings out to dinner with my peeps. I love it! Plus, I now get to help papa make his world famous family breakfast which is absolutely divine! He makes the fluffiest pancakes and waffles that I've ever tasted. Grandma even let me help her concoct pumpkin bread and I've gotta tell you, she can really whip up some delicious bread. On to Palm springs.....nobody told me it was going to be 80 degrees at the end of November! I'm living high on the hog over here at Meema's. I've got my very own little pumpkin cookie jar with pint size cookies baked especially for me. I can't figure out why everyone gets all up in my grill when I ask for a cookie at 7am. Personally, I thought it was the breakfast of champions. I often see daddy shoveling mutliple cookies in his mouth at that hour so don't know why it's a crime if I do the same. I've been perfecting my golf game while here - I've got a great set of clubs to practice with. I think Meema's house sits on the 6th hole which allows me to run out while golfers are in mid swing and sink a put. If you don't keep a close eye on me though, I may take off in the opposite direction for a game of chase. We still haven't made it to the pool yet - hoping we can take a dip today. Sadly, Meema has been working all week so I only get to play with her for a brief moment in the evening. That's when we fire up the trains and take them for a spin around the tracks. And that's about the time mommy and daddy sneak out to enjoy each other's company without us screaming at them! Last night daddy went for an hour foot massage and then indulged in a full body massage. Mommy went to a yoga class and realized that she's got a worn down body of a 90 year old. She can barely touch her toes these days and threatens to stop picking us up to save her achey breaky back. After that they dined at her favorite place in town - a vegan joint that has the best food in the history of the world. Except for a horrific tofu chocolate pie that even mommy couldn't stomach. The soy whipped cream didn't even help its cause. I've got to run now so I can sink my teeth into a blueberry muffin that Meema so kindly made for us. Mama's loving this...she hasn't done a thing in days since Meema seems to have it down. I think she's secretly plotting a solo adventure out of the country since she's confident that Meema can handle the two of us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're close - it's the 9the green! I'm sitting at my desk having coffee and munching on the pumpkin bread that you and grandma made. It's yummy! No doubt about it - the entire group loves to eat!

XOXOX MEEMA XOXOX